This conference has been accredited for 11.5 CPD/CME credits by the Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners.
Sidra Medical and Research Center in collaboration with Qatar Metabolic Institute invite you to the International Diabetes and Obesity in pregnancy scientific conference
The organizing committee proudly invites you to the Sidra International scientific conference on Diabetes and Obesity in Pregnancy which takes place in November (Friday 25th and Saturday 26th), 2016 in the beautiful city of Doha, at the Intercontinental, the city hotel. This authoritative scientific meeting promises to be a memorable one, both in the quality of scientific discourse and its projected impact on equipping frontline healthcare providers in improving the quality of care delivered to women with Diabetes and Obesity.
The twin epidemic of Diabetes and Obesity have become problems of public health dimension in many societies. The apparent interrelationship between the two pathologies call for a holistic approach in our attempt to understand and define the impact on the health and wellbeing of the society. Diabetes and Obesity have variable short and long term consequences for women of reproductive age group, particularly in pregnant women and their offspring.
The Sidra Diabetes and Obesity in pregnancy scientific meeting has assembled leading experts from around the world to tackle the different topical issues related to Diabetes and Obesity in pregnancy ranging from primary prevention, novel interventions, research and innovation. This authoritative conference will be an invaluable resource to all healthcare professionals involved directly or indirectly in the care of women in the reproductive age group. The scientific program consists of a blend of topical lectures, plenary sessions, presentation of research work, interactive clinically oriented presentations, break-out sessions, debate and industry exhibition.
Abstract submission for this conference are open. Deadline 7 September 2016. Download abstract submission guidelines.
– Early Bird Registration, $140 (Available until 30th June 2016)
– Regular Registration, $165 (Available from 1st July to 10 November 2016)
– Onsite Registration, $190
The Online registration will close on Thursday, 10th November 2016. We will have an on-site registration for people who choose to register on the day of the conference.
Gala Dinner $25
* Registration fees excludes Gala Dinner. The cost of Gala Dinner is $25 and available on the registration page.
* Gala Dinner will be held on Day 1, 25 November 2016, between 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
Delegates who Require Visa to attend this Conference
Visa application to attend this conference is the responsibility of each Individual delegate. However we are able to provide some assistance in this if needed.
- Online Visa applications to Qatar: https://qatar.visahq.com
- Al Maha Meet and Doha Airport Services: www.al-mahaservices.com
SPECIAL HOTEL ROOM RATES
SPECIAL ROOM RATES FOR CONFERENCE PARTICPANTS – QAR 600/NIGHT.
To reserve please email Roy Mrad at Roy.Mrad@ihg.com
THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Dr Anthony Abbas, Sr Attending Physician, Maternal and Fetal Medicine, Sidra
- Prof Karim Kalache, Divisional Chief, Maternal and Fetal Medicine, Sidra
- Prof Steve Lindow, Divisional Chief, Obstetrics, Sidra
- Dr Mohammed Bashir, Sr Consultant Endocrinologist, Hamad Medical Corporation(HMC) & Qatar Metabolic Institute(QMI), Qatar
- Dr Emad Naem, Sr Consultant Endocrinologist, Hamad Medical Corporation & Qatar Metabolic Institute(QMI),Doha
- Dr Zeena Al-Mansoori, Director of Clinical affairs, Women’s Hospital, Doha , Qatar
- Dr Faten Al Taher Mohd Taher Sr Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Women’s Hospital, Doha
- Prof Justin Konj,- Ag Chair, Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecologist, Sidra
- Dr Amir Elnahas, Sr Attending Physician, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Sidra
- Dr Isaac Babarinsa, Sr Attending Physician, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Sidra
- Ms Fatima Mahmoud, CME Coordinator, Sidra
- Melanie Sabbagh, Women’s Health Educator, Sidra
- Dr Gbemisola Okunoye, Sr Attending Physician & Director of Conferences
- Dr Vincent Boama, Attending Physician, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Sidra
- Ms Mary Anne Tourette, Ass Executive Director Business Dev, HMC & Qatar Metabolic Institute(QMI)
- Dr Frank Teunissen, Program Manager, Healthcare Improvement, AHS Office & Qatar Metabolic Institute(QMI),Doha
- Dr Mohammed Bashir
- Prof Karim Kalache
- Dr Anthony Abbass
- Prof Steve Lindow
- Prof Justin Konje
- Dr Isaac Babarinsa
- Dr Vincent Boama
- Dr Gbemisola Okunoye
- Dr Emad Naem
Starts / Ends
Until November 26, 2016
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
165 / person
Intercontinental Doha - The City
Off Al Wahda Road, West Bay