New technologies, therapies and medicines are emerging: this includes regenerative medicine, which encompasses gene therapy, cell therapy and tissue-engineered products, advanced diagnostics tools such as new genetic technologies, and the development of nanomedicines, with the purpose of more personalized treatments.
The conference will bring together world-renowned experts from the fields of cell and gene therapy, molecular targeted therapies, advanced therapeutic and diagnostic technologies to illustrate the ongoing research and to drive scientific knowledge in the area of translational research and early clinical applications. Specifically, it will shed light into the development phases, clinical trials, and regulatory aspects of these therapies, particularly in the field of Oncology, Hematology, Immunology, Inflammatory and Autoimmune disorders, to engender better and more personalized treatment options, and ultimately bring important health benefits.
Leading experts from Middle East, Europe and US will address different aspects of these topic themes.
This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners – Accreditation Department and is approved for a maximum of 14.75 hour(s)
This conference will be attended by physicians, nurses, pharmacists, allied health providers and others (e.i. scientists and medical students) who care for patients with oncological, hematological, immunology, inflammatory and autoimmune disorders.
The conference is supported by the Cell Therapy and Immunobiology Working Party (CTIWP) of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT).
- Describe the available somatic cell therapies: development phases, clinical trials, and regulatory aspects;
- Describe the available gene Therapies: development phases, clinical trials, and regulatory aspects;
- Describe the available molecular targeted therapies: development phases, clinical trials, and regulatory aspects;
- Discuss advanced therapeutic and diagnostic technologies in diabetes, surgery, etc.
- Advanced Therapies: Quality and Compliance Issues
- Molecular Targeted Therapies: new weapons are available to increase the efficacy
- The evolution of immunotherapy for cancer treatment: where are we?
- Cell Therapy and Adoptive Cell Therapy: a cell for every disease?
- The future of the future. Gene therapy: new and old methods for patients’ gene correction
- CAR-T cells: manufacture and applications of cancer-targeted cell therapy.
- Novel transplant approaches: tailoring cells for clinical needs.
- SIDRA at the forefront of advanced technologies
Keynote Lectures by
- Gianpietro Dotti (North Carolina University, US)
- Soldano Ferrone (Harvard Medical School, Boston, US)
- Adrian Thrasher (UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, UK)
Conference Pricing General Admission Student
Early bird registration USD 150 USD 50
Registration after 15 Oct USD 250 USD 80
On-site registration USD 250 USD 120
** On-site registration is open upon availability
Students are NOT eligible for CME credits
For Sidra staff registration, please contact Mrs. Nelly EL Mistekawy email@example.com
The Scientific Organizing Committee
Chiara Cugno, Director Clinical Research Center
Luciano Callegaro, Director- Clinical Trail and Outcome Program
Rachel Park, Clinical Nurse Manager – Oncology/ BMT
Sara Deola, Investigator
Bernice Lo, Investigator
Khalid Hussain, Program Director – Research in Children’s Services CMG
Cristina Maccalli, Staff Scientist
Mamoun Elawad, Division Chief – Gastroenterology
Asim Belgaumi, Deputy Division Chief – Pediatric Hematology, Oncology
Anish Nicholas Patel, Operations Manager- Department of Pharmacy
The Supporting Organizing Committee
Nelly EL Mistekawy, CRO Office Manager
Maria Theresa Brunsman, Executive Assistant
Irina Chepilevskaya, Project Analyst
Lara Djansezian, Business Analyst
Maricris Salud, Sr. Admin Assistant
Nevin Amin, Sr. Admin Assistant
Rana Hamada, Executive Assistant
Hamda Zain Al Abdeen, Communications Event Specialist
Fadi Hamsho, Lead – Web Projects & Development
The Advanced Therapies in Healthcare Conference and Exhibition will provide an exceptional opportunity for exhibitors to uniquely position themselves and showcase their products and services to their target audience and markets. As a contributor and exhibitor at the symposium you will be able to reach an international audience of key researchers, clinicians and healthcare providers and enhance your company profile in a fast growing local market.
Coffee breaks and lunches will all take place on the exhibition floor promoting frequent and repeated opportunities for the delegates to visit your exhibits in prime locations and engage with your brand.
Visa application to attend this symposium is the responsibility of each Individual. However, we are able to provide some assistance in this if needed.
Online visa applications to Qatar: https://qatar.visahq.com
- Al Maha (meet and greet) Doha airport services: al-mahaservices.com
For further assistance, please contact Mrs. Rana Hamada at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommended Hotel to book with a discounted room rate
FOUR SEASONS HOTEL – DOHA
The Corniche, P.O. Box 24665, Doha, Qatar
Tel. +(974) 4494 8888
Fax. +(974) 4494 8282
Please check this section on regular basis for updates